Requirements for Use
At a high level, these are the basic requirements in order to use Appcues:
- A web application that your users can access using a web browser.
- The ability to install a snippet of code into your application.
- Google Chrome (just for the builder - Appcues will display to users on other modern browsers, like Firefox or IE 10+)
Most websites will fit these requirements, but keep reading if you have additional questions or concerns.
Your application must be accessible over the internet by a URL. If you're not sure, you can use isUp.me to test your site out.
We've built our editor as a Chrome extension, so Google Chrome is required to create Appcues flows.
- Most versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge
- Internet Explorer 10+
Appcues does not work particularly well on the following types of web applications:
- Apps that are composed of many iframes. Not sure what an iframe is? Ask us!
- Apps where the URL does not change as the user navigates.