Announcing Feature Release with a Slideout
Use case: You want to announce a new feature, but you don't want to interrupt your users with a large modal. Instead, use a slideout. Your user can still interact with your product when a slideout is present.
Format of Indiegogo's slideout:
1. An indication this is something new, like a feature release.
2. Information about the release.
3. Overall the slideout is small and to the point, and they chose not to include a picture.
Format of AdRoll's slideout:
1. Added an image that indicates change
2. Information about change.
3. Linking to the page with change. You can actually use an Appcues permalink here and link directly to an Appcues experience that will walk your users through this change.
4. If your user is interested, they can click learn more. This is can lead to an Appcues walkthrough or a blog post/release notes.