Using Multiple Patterns Together
You can add more steps to your pattern by clicking Add Step at the bottom of your Appcues editor.
There may a case where you would like to add steps of a different pattern, though, such as in these cases:
- A welcome modal that connects with onboarding tooltips
- A feature announcing slideout with guiding tooltips/hotspots
- A tooltip tutorial followed by a slideout or modal with a feedback Typeform
In order to add steps of a different pattern you'll have to create 2 or more separate flows, 1 for each pattern type and section of your flow.
For example, if you would like your flow to look like: Modal > Tooltips > Modal you will create one modal flow for Modal A, one tooltips flow, and another flow for modal B.
If you wanted to create Modal > Tooltips, you would create one modal flow and one tooltip flow.
When you have your patterns and flows created, follow these steps:
- Starting from the flow and pattern you want to show first, go into the Settings step
- Under Specify what to do upon completion, select Trigger Appcues Content
- A dropdown menu will appear: select the name of the flow you would like appear next
- If the select flow is set for another URL, select Redirect to a different page
- Enter the URL for the second flow: if it is located at another domain, be sure to enter the entire URL, including the http(s)://
- Repeat steps 1-3 to link more flows and patterns
- Publish your work. All linked flows must be live in order to give your users the full experience.
Because your flows are linked together, targeting rules from pattern/flow 1 will be respected by all following flows.