Sending In User Properties
To get the most out of Appcues, you’ll want to send as much user data as possible in the
identify call. Properties are used to target experiences to specific users and personalize content. The more user properties you send to Appcues, the richer targeting and personalization capabilities you will have.
Common User Properties
Most Appcues customers send properties that fall into a few groups:
- Properties to target based on broad classification, such as:
- planType (like "Enterprise" or "Freemium")
- role (like "Admin")
- Properties to personalize Appcues content, such as:
- Properties to target based on user lifecycle, such as:
- createdAt (signup date/timestamp-we recommend sending UTC UNIX timestamps for best performance)
- numTasksCompleted (an indication of how many times a user has performed a certain task in your app)
Ensuring User Properties are passed to Appcues Correctly
Once you have installed the user properties in the Appcues.identify() call, you will be able to see the properties in the targeting criteria of any flow or hotspot group. Simply go to the settings page on any content and you should see it in the targeting dropdown:
NULL Data Types
If you have more questions about properties that you can send to Appcues, feel free to shoot us an email.