1) Open editor
To start creating a flow, you'll first have to open the Appcues builder.
If you don't see the Appcues icon in your Chrome extensions, download it here. Once it's installed, there are two ways to access it:
- Click on the Create button in the top right corner of the page
- Enter the website you want to build on and select Next
From your browser
- Navigate to the specific URL or page view you'd like your flow to appear on
- Click on the blue Appcues icon in your Chrome extension list
2) Navigate to flow location
All steps in your flow must appear on the same page. (If you'd like to create a flow that appears across multiple URLs, build individual flows across the URLs and link them together following these steps)
- Navigate to the page where you'd like your flow to display for your users.
It's okay if the URL isn't exactly what your users will access: with regex targeting you can target similar yet different URLs (ex: you can build a flow for yourapp.com/dashboard12 and set it to appear at youapp.com/dashboard43).
- Click Create in the builder on the bottom right of the page
- Select your pattern
3) Design flow
Start entering your text, adding content, or adding steps to your flows. Need some more help? Check out these guides:
4) Edit flow settings
To define which users will see this flow, click on your Target & Publish button to change your flow settings. Want to learn more? Read up on how to edit your flow settings.
5) Test flow
6) Publish live
Look good? Awesome. Revisit step 4 to make sure your flow is targeted to your own users on production.
Hit Publish and you're live!