Before you've installed Appcues, you can create and preview content on your site using the Flow. It's possible to build and preview individual flows without installing because the Editor works as an interactive overlay on your site, but because of this there are also a few limitations. Let's dive in.
What Previewing can do:
- Preview what a single flow will look like on your site
- Allow you to interact with your page to:
- Find and view hotspots/tooltips that are built on dynamic elements
- Preview action-driven tooltips
- Interact with form fields or embedded content
What Previewing can't do:
- Show content live on your site. The editor will always need to be open to view content when you're not installed
- Show flows that are linked together. We can only show you one flow at a time, but not any flows that are triggered from buttons, or by completion.
- Fill in user properties for content personalization (read more about personalization through user properties).
How to Preview:
- Open your flow in the Appcues Flow Builder.
- Find and select the eye icon in the bottom right of the builder, and choose to view either the current step group or the entire flow.
- Once your review is complete, select Return to Builder to continue building, or Restart Preview to run through the flow again from the start.
You can preview any flow created in your account from the Chrome builder. If you'd like to choose another flow to preview select the flow name in the lower right. Once a different flow is chosen, you'll be redirected to the Build URL (set in the flow settings page for that flow).
But what about my linked flows?
To preview flows that are linked you will have to publish them to either your staging or production site. Don't worry, you can still view them before your users do! Learn more in the Testing Flows Overview.