Mobile: iOS Installation Overview
What is “installation”?
Appcues works by adding the Appcues iOS SDk into your app, submitting it to the App Store and/or Test Flight that then allows Appcues to show content you built on the web to your iOS app users.
- Determine User Properties to send to Appcues
- User Properties are things like name, email address, role, created date, etc.
- See the User Properties Overview for assistance
- Determine Events to send to Appcues (optional to start)
- Events are things like “logged in”, “invited a teammate”, etc.
- See the Events Overview for assistance
- Install Appcues!
- If you’re not technical, invite a developer to help you with the installation process and follow the Installation Guide (technical)
- Check your work
- See your User Properties and Events in Settings, note that you need to have the library installed in your app and initiate the Appcues installed library.
How does Appcues work once installed?
Appcues will show your published flows to targeted audiences based on conditions that you set. Conditions can include any combination of screens, device type, user properties, events completed, and more.
Appcues will capture user properties and events that you choose to send to us. This information is what you'll use for audience targeting so that your flows will show to the right person at the right time.