Mobile: Add Appcues Mobile to your App Manually (technical)
Appcues Mobile currently only works for native iOS apps.
Before you begin, you need a few things set up in your environment:
- Xcode 10.1 or later
- Deployment target (iOS version) 9 or above
- The app must have bitcode enabled
Add Appcues Mobile to your App Manually
We recommend using
CocoaPods to install Appcues Mobile. To download our pod, follow the instructions here.
- Download Appcues Mobile here (version 0.3.5)
- Go to the Project Inspector in your app and tap the General tab. Scroll down to
Embedded Binariesand click the + button and then Add Other
- A Finder window will drop down, select Appcues.framework. You’ll notice that the project was added to the Project Navigator
- Build to make sure that Xcode is actually referencing to it
Once Appcues Mobile is installed in your app you need to Initialize Appcues Mobile in your App