Troubleshooting the Appcues Builder
Submit Article Requests
Do you have a suggestion for an article you would like to see created?
Feel free to submit this form and add your suggestions to our document board.
- Installation & Developers
- User Experiences
- Account Management
- Best Practices
Table of Contents
The Appcues Builder is a Chrome extension for building content right on your site. If you ever run into problems with the Builder extension, below are common troubleshooting steps:
How to update and relaunch the Appcues Builder
- Click the Chrome settings icon, select More Tools > Extensions.
- Toggle Developer Mode in the top right.
- Click the Details button on the Appcues Builder option.
- On the Appcues Builder Chrome Extension page, there will be an Update button that will ensure you have the latest version.
- After updating, please return to the page you were working on and refresh.
- If you continue to have problems, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remove back to back redirects
Multiple sequential redirects are not recommended and can cause issues when trying to edit the flow within the builder. To check if the flow does have multiple sequential redirects, open the flow in the Builder. Below, you will see a preview of each step indicating where the redirects are: