Requirements for Use
There are three things you need in order to use Appcues:
- A web application that your users can access using a web browser.
- The ability to install a snippet of code into that application.
- Google Chrome (for authoring). Don't worry, we support a wide range of browsers for your end users (see more below).
Most websites will fit these requirements, but keep reading if you have additional questions or concerns.
Your application must be accessible over the internet by a URL. If you're not sure, you can use isUp.me to test your site out.
Creating Appcues flows:
Google Chrome is the only browser we support for authoring (or creating your flows). To create your flows you'll need to use the Appcues Chrome Extension which will allow you to create flows on your application.
Viewing Appcues flows:
- Most versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Slideout backdrops are not supported on IE10/11
- Tooltip highlight feature is not supported on Safari
In addition to the above, Appcues does not work particularly well on web applications:
- that are composed of many iframes. (Not sure what an iframe is? Ask us!)
- that rely on the "shadow dom" or that are built using Polymer
- where the URL does not change as the user navigates
- built on Magento platform or use prototype.js