Suggest a Feature
Appcues loves collecting feedback on how we're doing. We do our best to be receptive to all suggestions.
If you think that we could save you a ton of time with a specific task and we could handle something better, please let us know and make a suggestion!
To make a suggestion:
- Select the Help Menu, then choose Suggest a feature.
- Search for ideas similar to what you had in mind.
- If you can find what you were looking for, add your vote and join the conversation. OR if you cannot find anything that feels right, create a new suggestion. Please give as much detail as possible.
Write a great suggestion
A great request has three parts:
- An introduction to the situation and how you handle it today.
- Your suggestion on how Appcues could work differently, along with a specific example that you've recently encountered.
- Provide a sample, screenshot, or video of what you're looking for whenever possible.
- Remember, other Appcues users can see your suggestions and vote for them too. A well-written feature request is a searchable and easy-to-find feature request.
Will you build my suggestion?
If you think it's a good idea, then we're happy to consider it.
We're always working on something new. Most of the time, our product development schedule is booked months in advance. We do our best to keep our feedback forum up-to-date so you know what's coming soon.
Each and every suggestion that's posted to our feedback board is reviewed by a member of our product team. If necessary, we'll categorize the suggestion and combine it with similar requests. It's not uncommon for us to ask a few questions just to make sure we get to the heart of the issue.
Our product teams meet on a regular basis to determine what's going to be built next. We do not have an exact formula to determine priority; here are some loose guidelines:
- Is there an adequate work around in the system today?
- How many customers have asked for this specific feature?
- How many customers have asked for similar features?
- Does the feature request expose a bug?
- How much time will it take to build?
The amount of votes & support a suggestion has is an influencer to the roadmap, but it's not the sole decision point. Sometimes, we have to build a cool feature in preparation for an even cooler feature that's planned for a later release. Most of the time, we'll combine a lot of ideas into a single enhancement - much like you might combine a few errands into a single weekend trip.