What is “installation”?
- Determine User Properties to send to Appcues
- User Properties are things like name, email address, role, created date, etc.
- See the User Properties Overview for assistance
- Determine Events to send to Appcues (optional to start)
- Events are things like “logged in”, “invited a teammate”, etc.
- See the Events Overview for assistance
- Understand your Application framework
- Single Page Applications (SPAs) are installed slightly differently than other frameworks
- See the Single Page Application Guide or ask one of your developers if you're unsure
- Install Appcues!
- If you have Segment you can install in one click by selecting the “I Want to Enable with Segment” option on the Installation page
- If you’re not technical, invite a developer by selecting the “I Need Help From My Devs” option on the Installation page
- If you’re doing the installation, follow instructions on the Installation Guide (technical)
- Check your work
How does Appcues work once installed?
Appcues will show your published flows to targeted audiences based on conditions that you set. Conditions can include any combination of URL, domain, device type, browser language, user properties, events completed, and more.
Appcues will capture user properties and events that you choose to send to us. This information is what you'll use for audience targeting so that your flows will show to the right person at the right time.