NPS Best Practices
Submit Article Requests
Do you have a suggestion for an article you would like to see created?
Feel free to submit this form and add your suggestions to our document board.
- Installation & Developers
- Web Experiences
- Mobile Experiences
- Account Management
- Best Practices
- System Status
Table of Contents
NPS Best Practices
There are a few things you should do to ensure you're ready to set up a successful NPS experience:
- Think strategically about when a user should first see NPS. Avoid asking new users who are still learning your product, and prioritize asking users who are activated and have had more time to learn your product. For this, you can use a user property that defines activation such as the user's account creation date or their subscription signup date.
- Select a few pages to show or exclude your NPS from showing. To avoid your NPS from interfering with functionality in your app while your users are trying to work don't target your NPS to all pages.
- Avoid asking users to submit NPS too often and make sure the frequency of your survey aligns with how frequently users are using your product. For example, if end-users are in your product only once a week, consider having more time pass between each time you deliver the survey (maybe every 4-6 months).
- Give users more time when they click "Ask Me Later" to avoid rage clicks, ideally more than a week.
- Follow-up NPS scores with a flow. When users submit an NPS response, that response is automatically captured into an auto property called “Most Recent NPS Score”. Use this property to create a Promoter, Neutral, and Detractor Segments and then use these Segments to target follow up Flows - Targeting Appcues Flows Based on Users' NPS Scores
- When viewing your results in your NPS dashboard, use the Segment filter to see how your NPS may vary across your different user segments.
- Share the NPS responses with the entire team. If your team uses Slack, you can use the Appcues Slack integration or Zapier to get your NPS results into Slack - Pro Tip: Socialize NPS to Your Team With Slack
- Add the NPS response to a contact record in HubSpot - Pro Tip: Using a Hubspot Workflow to add NPS Responses to a Contact Record
Need help getting your NPS set up? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we're happy to help!
To learn more about NPS, our documentation is a good resource: What is NPS?